Farmer specialist in agroecology
BACKGROUND / Academic and professional background
Primary and secondary school (Prosper Kamara High school) from 1974 to 1986 in Bamako
I graduated from high school in 1986.
Higher education from 1986 to 1993 in the Moscow State Academy of Veterinary Medicine
ACHIEVEMENT / What is your project, initiative, start-up, company all about?
We inform and make the farmers aware of:
– Dangers caused by climate change
– Dangerous agricultural practices for the environment and public health
– Danger of international trade agreements
We offer practical solutions like agroecology and local solidarity marketing systems.
LOCATION / In which city, country, part of the world do you conduct your activities?
We act in Mali and precisely in the outlying suburbs of Bamako (the capital city of Mali).
IMPACT / What is the positive economic, social, political, environmental … of the activity, project, initiative, start-up, company?
– Improvement of rural standard of living
– Supply of food of better quality in Bamako
– Environmental protection
– Fight against the rural exodus
– Let the consumer know about the traceability of food
– Improving the farmers’ level of production through training and equipment
QUOTE / A saying, quote or reference phrase that tells something about you
The best solutions for the problems of development must be found by local actors.