Founding President of Mozaïk RH
BACKGROUND / Academic and professional background:
After a two years’ technical degree in commercial activity, he graduates from a Human Resources’ degree and a postgraduate diploma in economic and social development consulting. After his first experience in Case-Poclain’s HR department of (analysis of the employees’ performances, training plan, analysis in social law), he works one year within the local mission of Aulnay-sous-Bois and specializes in supporting people from 16 to 25 looking for a job or a training.
After several experiences in public and private companies, he goes into public communication. For 5 years, he worked for the Ministry of National Education (GRETA network). Three years later, he joins the Administration Officers profession as Department Manager.
Soon, employment and discrimination issues drives him to get involved in social actions. He contacts HR Directors and challenges them on the problematic of young graduates coming from areas’ that deal with the issue of employment discrimination. In 2005, the first agency of associative recruitment specialized in the recruitment of young graduates from the poorer districts of Ile-de-France is launched. In 2007, Mozaïk RH is born. Since then, the young president has created essential links with big companies.
Today, he is considered an expert on diversity. He leaves the Ministry of National Education to be fully involved in Mozaïk RH when elected social entrepreneur of the year in 2007.
ACHIEVEMENT / What is the project, initiative, startup, company you will be presenting at the Positive Economy Forum about ?
Mozaïk RH is the first recruitment and HR counselling agency specialized in promoting diversity in France. The agency has developed three complementary activities:
- The recruitment agency: Mozaïk RH has developed sourcing methods to facilitate targeting talents outside the usual recruitment channel. Those talents combine competences, energy and creativity which profits the economic effectiveness of the company. New tools, combined to know-how and experience of the HR consultants allow to offer companies an integrated service: from the needs analysis to recruitment support.
- The Campus: Developing self-confidence, affirming one’s aspiration and potential, understanding the business world: young people are hardly ever prepared to those approaches, especially when coming from a poor social environment. The Mozaïk RH Campus offers a complete preparation for job searching, including collective workshops, individual coaching, media training with communication and HR professionals. Mozaïk RH aims at reducing to less than six months the period of job searching for each person registered in the campus.
- The Lab: Innovation and engineering unit of Mozaïk RH, the Lab explores new solutions to fight against discriminations and to create real equal opportunities in society in general and in the working life in particular.
LOCATION / In which city, country, part of the world do you conduct your activities?
Mozaïk RH operates in the Ile-de-France region and in the cities of Lyon, Toulouse and Lille.
IMPACT / What is the economic, social, political or environmental positive impact of the activity, project, initiative, startup, company?
Since its creation in 2007, Mozaïk RH has accompanied 11,000 candidates, collaborated with more than 150 companies and generated more than 10,000 job interviews. It has led to 3,000 recruitments of young graduates and experimented profiles.
Our desire is to combine social usefulness and economic performance. Mozaïk RH shares the same performance imperative with the companies that ask for its services. Our identity is the one of a social company where engagement goes together with professionalism.
The most important part of our resources comes from the activity we developed with our client companies and institutions.
Since 2009, Mozaïk RH wanted to implement an evaluation process of its action’s social impact, of the social investment return for its shareholders and, more largely of the company’s profits. These evaluations show that the created value, both economically and socially, is on an average of 5.8 invested euro.
Benefits for the candidates:
- Access to qualified jobs (senior executive and technician),
- Value and recognition of their diploma, skills and potential,
- Better preparation to the business world,
- New contacts, new professional networks.
Benefits for the companies:
- Access to quality applications that answer to their recruitment needs,
- Increased creativity and competitiveness,
- Evolution of the practices and the company culture,
- Improvement of the societal image and transformation of representations and stereotypes,
- Influencing role on its market.